Les Deman Energy Consulting
517 Ruisseau Francais Ave.
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Tel: (650) 490-0340
Mr. Deman is an independent consultant focusing on energy markets. His Half Moon Bay Company, LDEC, provides economic analysis on energy and commodity markets. The company's focus is to provide customers with actionable information on the behavior of energy and related commodities using economic theory and market research. He is often quoted in Megawatt Daily and Inside FERC Gas Market Report.
Mr. Deman has been in the energy economics field since the 1970s, working with consulting firms, energy companies, utilities and regulatory agencies. He has broad experience in natural gas, LNG, power, pipeline, and oil markets. His research and analysis have been used for commodity trading, developing tools to manage risk, asset purchases and divestitures, and policy analysis. His experience includes market forecasting and analysis, strategic planning, acquisition analysis, regulatory analysis, market evaluations, fuel planning, supply contracting, risk mitigation, pipeline economics, and investment decision analysis.
Between 1999 and 2009 Les Deman was the Director, Fundamental Research & Analysis with Shell Energy North America (SENA). Prior to Shell he was employed by consulting firms (W.J. Levy Petroleum Economics Consulting), energy companies (El Paso, Duke and TransCanada) and regulatory agencies (Texas Railroad Commission). He has undergraduate and graduate degrees in statistics and economics from the University of Oklahoma and taught economics at Missouri Southern College and the University of Houston.
Other associations and activities include:
- Analytics/Modeling Advisors, Center for Energy and Economics, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas.
- Senior Associate, LCI Energy Insights (An OPIS Company).
- National Petroleum Council: North American Natural Gas & Oil Resource Study 2011; Demand Subgroup
- National Petroleum Council: Natural Gas Study 2003; Chair, Economic & Demographics Task Group
- International Association for Energy Economics, Founder, Chapter President and Council Member
- American Gas Association, Analysis Advisory Committee
- Natural Gas Council, Chairman: Working Committee on Technology
- Gas Research Institute, Energy Economics Advisors Group
- Independent Petroleum Association of America, Chairman Supply & Demand Committee
- National Petroleum Council: U.S. Oil and Gas Outlook.
- University of Houston, Lecturer in Managerial Economics and Macroeconomics
- Planning Commissioner, Half Moon Bay, California